Wednesday 10 July 2013

ah, vintage, mon amour



Let's do a series of five-minute fashion sketches, shall we? I think it's a deal! Today, it's a quick design inspired by the 50's and haute couture. Vintage clothing is one of the great loves of my life (well, apart from those already mentioned - I have a great deal) and the least I could do to express my undying love was to make a few strokes of graphite on parchment.

Unfortunately, I do not have many pieces of vintage clothing, and have to resort to staring in wonder at dresses and coats that appear on my screen. Icons of the era? Why, none other than the fabulous Marilyn Monroe and the timeless Audrey Hepburn.

And of course, feel free to express your adoration of the 50's in the comments below. If you leave a link to your blog, I'll make sure to check it out!

 - G x

3 comments:

  1. I like the blog...it looks really cute!
    -j

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for having a look at our blog! the fun's just begun..:)

      -G&N

      Delete