Thursday 25 July 2013

a study in pink


HURRAY! It's another five-minute fashion sketch! This time, I decided to design a gown. I didn't really have anything in mind. Most of the time I just put pencil on paper and VOILA, there's an extremely skinny figure in clothing. Looking at it now, I can see where Elie Saab's beautiful dresses influenced me. If you do not know Elie Saab's designs, please search them up. And yes, fall head over heels in love.
If I were to put colour into this sketch, the bodice and the sheer layer of silk would be a peachy orange, and the trim and skirt would be a creamy white. Peaches and cream. Okay, now I'm hungry.
 
Off I go to indulge in the heaven of my pantry.
 
- G x

P.S  Hmm, now I realise that you all STILL have yet to hear from Niamh. As far as I know, she's off groaking or stuffing herself with potatoes. Yes. GROAKING. Isn't that the best word ever? It means looking at someone else's food in the hope that they'll offer you some. Groaking deserves a whole post of it's own. Heck, it deserves a whole blog.

10 comments:

  1. I have been looking at your blog and it is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love your sketches espesh

    LAYLA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so great! Loving the fish too hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so kind to me Gladys :/


    NOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Niamh! You decided to show up I see. how are those potatoes?

      Delete
    2. Please stop mentioning the potatoes. I prefer to keep them private. But more importantly, why are you called shortcake?

      Delete
    3. Because I am short. And plus, the cake is a reference to Portal. The villain, GLaDOS, was inspired by my name, Gladys. I told you all of this before when we were planning the blog. You must have short-term memory as well as an insatiable appetite.

      Delete
  4. Or maybe I wasn't listening..

    ReplyDelete