Tuesday 24 September 2013

turning back time




 
I went on a Disney marathon today, and I am proud to say that I watched Beauty and the Beast, Tarzan, Princess and the Frog, Pocahontas, The Little Mermaid, Tangled and The Lion King. I mean, what else does someone expect me to do in the holidays apart from wallowing in my childhood?
 
My mum came in on me sobbing when Mufasa died. I think this is the umpteenth time I have cried because of an animated, fictional lion's death. Then, there's the bowl of sadness and joy that is Tarzan. I'm not even going to talk about Tarzan, otherwise the death of Kerchak will reduce me to a blubbering mess once again.
 
Of course, I DID sing along to the songs, much to the despair of my brother and the rest of my family. Maybe even the entire neighbourhood. But as my screeching about the colours of the wind and seeing the light reverberated through the house I didn't even care. You have no idea how much relief Disney brings to you after worrying and worrying about exams you're going to take next term.
 
So, from the bottom of my heart, Walt Disney, I thank you, for bringing happiness to stressed schoolgirls who want to be five years old again.
 
 - G x
 
 

12 comments:

  1. I have no words...amazing! I love Disney as well lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I love Disney as well and I'm almost 18 :) those sketches are soo good though...I wish I could draw like you..... :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost 18? I think I'll be sticking with Disney and my many other loves until I'm 80. No shame, sister.

      Delete
  3. I love this soooo much, SO MUCH TALENT GLADYS WHY????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're too kind Shanni :)

      On a side note, where do you get so many amazing clothes? I've gone through your blog forever just marvelling at your photography and your fashion.

      How are you enjoying the small piece of heaven that is the holidays?

      Delete
    2. The key is to MAKE THE MOST OF HAND-ME-DOWNS and also online shopping. That is the key of FANTASTIC FINDS!!
      THANK YOU! i am glad you like my blog but I think I have fallen in love with your blog too, SERIOUSLY WHY WASN'T I BLESSED WITH STUNNINGLY PERFECT DRAWING SKILLS? T_T I cry.

      THEY ARE FABULOUS ACTUALLY. I have been going out a lot and not studying for yearlies at all HAHAHAH Have you done anything exciting? :)

      Delete
  4. I love this soooo much, SO MUCH TALENT GLADYS WHY????

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WOW WOW totes amazeing again!!!!!!!
    my fave princess is Cinderella. She is so beaautifull!!!!!

    LAYLA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously. where's Niamh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol we all know Niamh, she never finishes things lol!!!!

      Delete
  7. PLEASSSEEE UPDDATTEEEEE

    ReplyDelete